This training prepares the personnel, which is responsible for the surveillance of offshore windparks, for the marine radio exam. The SRC (Short Range Certificate) certificate obtained through the exam is required for the participation in marine radio communication.
- Theoretical analysis of all components of GMDSS
- International and national contracts, rules, laws, regulations
- Simple technical connections (antenna, battery, transmitter, receiver)
- Use of tools like yacht radio services, list of coast stations etc.
- Operating procedures in GMDSS at ultrashort wave
- Emergency, safety and routine traffic in radio transmission procedures
- Practical exercises with ultrashort-DSC marie radio equipment, NAVTEX, EPIRBs
The course is aimed at participants who are employed or intend to be employed for the surveillance of offshore windparks. The knowledge of English language is required.
On successful completion the participant will receive a MTC certificate and SRC certificate by the Prüfungsausschuss für amtliche Sportbootführerscheine und Funkzeugnisse Hamburg.
Lectures, discussions, assessment
Procedure guideline “Seeraumbeobachtung Offshore Windparks” (Marine Surveillance of Offshore Windparks)